PHTN Interpretive Kiosks
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) has worked with municipalities, Main Street programs and other groups to develop and install interpretive kiosks throughout the Pennsylvania Highlands Trail Network (PHTN). These kiosks provide history and context as trail users experience the PHTN. Interpretive kiosks located in the following places along the PHTN:
- Reigelsville, Bucks County at the start of the PHTN
- South Bethlehem Greenway, City of Bethtlehem
- Ringing Rocks Traihead, River Road, Bridgeton Township
- The Park at Fourth, Quakertown Borough
- Brayton Gardens Trail at Great Blue Heron Park, Richland Township
- Kumry Road trailhead for the Unami Creek Trail, Milford Township
- Perkiomen Trail in Montgomery County.
- Union Meadows Park, Union Township, Berks County
These kiosks provide maps of the local trail system, or information on local history, parks and programs.
University Signage Projects
AMC also works with local universities to develop interpretive kiosks along the PHTN. In 2017, AMC partnered with Lehigh University to develop a kiosk about the geology found in Water Street Park, on the PHTN, and in 2018 a kiosk was installed along the PHTN-Saucon Rail Trail at Landis Mill Road. If you would like to discuss a potential kiosk project along the PHTN, please contact Tricia McCloskey, AICP at firstname.lastname@example.org.