2017 PHTN Accomplishments
2017 was a busy year for the PHTN Steering Committee and the volunteer Highlands Trail Stewards. Read on for last year’s accomplishments.
The PHTN Steering Committee met six times throughout the year to discuss the latest projects and issues concerning trail development in the Lehigh Valley and Bucks and Montgomery Counties. Projects that members of the Steering Committee worked on include:
- Planning the development of the 3.0 mile Upper Bucks Rail Trail (Springfield and Richland Townships)
- Working with the Tollgate Landing HOA to complete the trail in the HOA open space (Richland and Milford Townships)
- Planning the development of signage along the PHTN in Richland Township
- Meeting with representatives of the Boy Scouts to discuss planning the PHTN in the Musser Scout Camp (Marlborough Township)
- Reviewing interpretive kiosk designs for installation in Berks, Bucks and Northampton Counties.
- Providing input on development of a new trailhead on Route 32 in Bridgeton Township, that will provide access to the D&L Trail and Ringing Rocks Park.
Highlands Trail Stewards
The Highlands Trail Stewards were very active this year, working to install directional signage and Highlands Trail Markers along three PHTN trails within Richland Township. The Stewards also installed new signage and improved and developed trails within Ringing Rocks County Park, Bridgeton Township.
The Steering Committee and Highlands Trail Stewards look forward to a productive year of planning and developing more sections of the Pennsylvania Highlands Trail Network.
« Lower Saucon Buys Highlands Open Space AMC Completes Circuit Trails Visual Assessment Pilot Project »